Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
These brownies are so good! I had a guest recently overcome his embarrassment to ask if he could take the leftovers home. (Edited after Megnbryce's mom review to correct posting error.)
- 158.51 ml butter flavor shortening
- 473.18 ml brown sugar
- 14.79 ml water
- 2 large eggs
- 14.79 ml vanilla
- 473.18 ml flour
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 3.69 ml salt
- 340.19 g milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13 pan.
- Melt shortening, then mix in brown sugar and water, then mix in eggs and vanilla.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt together, then combine with other ingredients.
- Stir in chocolate chips and spread in pan.
- Bake for 30 or until done.
Wonderfully chewy and rich. So very tasty and easy!
These were excellent!!! I used butterscotch chips instead of chocolate, and then I topped mine with home made peach compote and it was amazing! I also baked these at 375 for 25 minutes and they came out chewy, but I like em that way. Excellent recipe, thanks!
Very easy to throw together, but I had some trouble baking them. The first time I made these, I baked them for 30 minutes. At this point they sure looked done, but it turned out they were not cooked through. So I tried again, this time cooking them about 37 minutes. They still were a bit gooey and sweet for my personal tastes, but boy the kids did not agree w/ my assessment--they inhaled these, and so did the neighbors kids. Thanks Julie!