Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
My mother, Gerry Lefever, used to make this for our large family growing up. It is so good. It is a real hot fudge sauce. I still make it too, for my family for special times.
- 4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Melt chocolate in double boiler, over boiling water.
- Stir in sugar.
- Cook 1/2 hour, stirring once or twice.
- (will be quite stiff) Add rest of ingredients and beat with whip until smooth and thick.
- Cover and keep warm.
I prefer dark chocolate, and find the hot fudge sauce sold on the market to be too sweet and lacking in true chocolate flavor. This recipe is wonderful! Not only is this very easy to make, everyone in my home loves it! Thanks for sharing!