Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A light fluffy biscuit--- perfect with either gravy, butter and jam, or maple syrup...mmmm
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Cut in shortening.
- add just enough milk to make the mixture moist, you probably won't use the full 1/2 cup.
- Knead lightly until smooth. Don't over do it. If you do, you will have a hard flat biscut instead of one that is light and fluffy.
- Press dough flat to 1/2 inch. Cut into 2 inch circles.
- Place biscuits shoulder to shoulder on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 425 for 8-10 minutes.
These were easy and quick to make. I used the full amt of milk also. I rolled them out too thin but they are good. Made for Fall PAC 07
These biscuits were not sweet at all, so they made a perfect partner for strawberry jam and honey! I did use the full 1/2 cup of milk and the biscuits came out light and fluffy - delicious!