1/1 Photo of Mom's Birthday Chili
9 hrs 15 mins
My son knows how I love to cook and tends not to do things the conventional way, so on my birthday he decided to give me a unique, thoughtful birthday present, which is this recipe that he created himself, calling it ‘Mom’s Birthday Chili’. This is what he had to say in his blog.... “so here it is, February 21. It's my mom's birthday today! So in honor of that, knowing how much she looooves cooking and making up sweet new recipes and stuff, I'm going to do something cooking-related. Seeing how she lives in England, she won't be able to taste it (and this might be a good thing). But if it works out she can make it and that'll be her birthday present from me!”.....I actually did get to taste it!! My son made it for me on my recent visit and it was fantastic!! It has since become a requested hit with family and friends alike.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2-2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 -2 cup cajun marinade (enough to cover chicken. I use A-1)
- 2 (16 ounce) cans red kidney beans, drained
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes, drained
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 7 ounces pico de gallo (or you can use 2 onions chopped and 1/4 cup chopped jalapenos)
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1Marinate chicken for at least an hour in the Cajun marinade.
- 2Bake the chicken at 350ºF for an hour.
- 3After you stick the chicken in the oven, combine all the other ingredients in the crock pot.
- 4Shred the chicken when you finish baking it and add it to the pot.
- 5Cook on low for six to eight hours.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Birthday Chili
Serving Size: 1 (355 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 387.9
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 65.8 mg
- Sodium 776.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.4 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 41.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pico de gallo