Recipe by Summerwine
My son knows how I love to cook and tends not to do things the conventional way, so on my birthday he decided to give me a unique, thoughtful birthday present, which is this recipe that he created himself, calling it ‘Mom’s Birthday Chili’. This is what he had to say in his blog.... “so here it is, February 21. It's my mom's birthday today! So in honor of that, knowing how much she looooves cooking and making up sweet new recipes and stuff, I'm going to do something cooking-related. Seeing how she lives in England, she won't be able to taste it (and this might be a good thing). But if it works out she can make it and that'll be her birthday present from me!”.....I actually did get to taste it!! My son made it for me on my recent visit and it was fantastic!! It has since become a requested hit with family and friends alike.
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 -2 cup cajun marinade (enough to cover chicken. I use A-1)
- 2 (16 ounce) cans red kidney beans, drained
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes, drained
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 7 ounces pico de gallo (or you can use 2 onions chopped and 1/4 cup chopped jalapenos)
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon cumin
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinate chicken for at least an hour in the Cajun marinade.
- Bake the chicken at 350ºF for an hour.
- After you stick the chicken in the oven, combine all the other ingredients in the crock pot.
- Shred the chicken when you finish baking it and add it to the pot.
- Cook on low for six to eight hours.