Recipe by Houdini's Mom
I know there are a lot of different variations out there, but this is how my Mom made it for me and my picky siblings growing up!! It's a very good meal, and I won't be offended if anyone decides to add veggies, there aren't any in this. Every now and then when I have the time I'll chop up an onion and throw it in, and have thought about adding corn & stewed tomatoes. *NOTE* I normally use cream of chicken for the turkey variation and cream of mushroom or cream of celery for the beef variation.
Top Review by The Amaze-Ing Me
ok. Very bland and not very exciting flavorwise BUT it is filling and inocuous so the toddler will eat it. Don't think I'll make again but it was worth trying. Thanks for posting.
- 1 lb ground turkey or 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup or 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup or 1 (10 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups Minute Rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meat in a skillet with onion powder, celery salt, salt and pepper.
- In a large pot over medium high heat, whisk together cream soup, water, and soy sauce.
- Add rice and meat, bring to a boil.
- Simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, do not cover.
- Pour into a greased casserole dish with a lid.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour at 350 degrees.
- *NOTE* When I make the beef variation I like to add two teaspoons of beef granules. Or two beef cubes for more of a beefy flavor.