1/3 Photos of Mom's Best Stuffing
1 hr 30 mins
A thirty year old recipe that just seems to get better with time. I went to visit my daughter 3000 miles away and I still had to make the stuffing for dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces bulk sausage or 12 ounces sausage links
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 cups onions, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 3 cups mushrooms, chopped
- 6 cups cornbread stuffing mix
- 6 cups bread cubes
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups turkey broth or 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 eggs
- 1Saute sausage until brown; remove from pan and cut into small bites.
- 2In a large skillet, melt butter and cook onion, celery, and mushrooms over medium heat for 3 minutes or until softened.
- 3Transfer sausage and veggies, including any butter that is left in the pan to a bowl.
- 4Add stuffing mix, bread cubes, sage, thyme, poultry seasoning, salt, pepper, pecans, turkey stock, and eggs.
- 5Toss well and adjust seasoning.
- 6Stuffing should be moist but not soggy. Add more stock if needed.
- 7Transfer to a baking dish.
- 8Bake in a 325 degree Fahrenheit oven for 20 minutes covered and 10 minutes uncovered until heated through and crust forms on top.
- 9Or better yet stuff it into a big fat turkey.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Best Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 416.8
- Calories from Fat 283
- Total Fat 31.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 108.0 mg
- Sodium 773.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 12.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cornbread stuffing mix