Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
Another Slovak favorite, this is one of my Mom's great recipes. Again, uses condensed tomato soup (see my Velveeta Mac and Cheese for another way tomato soup compliments a recipe). So good, it rivals Stouffer's frozen in the store. Compare them for yourself!
- Slice tops horizontally off of 4 large or 5 medium-sized green peppers. Cut out the seeds and membrane from inside each pepper and rinse with water. Arrange in baking dish.
- Prepare 1 cup of rice per package instructions. When done, allow rice to cool slightly (the cooler the rice, the easier to handle).
- In mixing bowl, break up raw ground beef. Add garlic, onion, and seasoned salt. Crack 2 eggs into mixture. Add the cooled rice and mix all together using hands in a mixing bowl (as if you were making a meatloaf or burger patties).
- Once mixture is combined, fill each green pepper to the top (Note: If there is any mixture left over, you can shape into meatballs for a pasta dinner).
- In a small bowl, empty contents of tomato soup can. Add 3/4 cup of water. Add 1 teaspoon of sugar to cut the acidity of the tomato soup. Stir to combine, then pour over green peppers in baking dish.
- Place baking dish in oven, uncovered, for 70 to 90 minutes at 350 degrees. Check beef mixture in peppers near the end of cooking time to make sure beef is cooked thoroughly.
- Remove from oven. Spoon tomato mixture over top of green peppers and serve.