Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These were a family favorite, when we were growing up. My son loves them, and they sre still my favorite comfort food. The meat mixture can be made ahead, and frozen, it holds up well to a microwave.
- 1 can campbell vegetable soup (abc's &123's)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs browned ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce (optional)
- 6 -8 hamburger buns, buttered
- Saute onion with browned ground beef, untill clear.
- add undiluted can of soup, ketchup, mustard and barbeque sauce.
- Simmer, covered, untill heated through.
- Just before serving, place opened, buttered buns face down on top of meat mixture in pan and cover for up to 30 seconds to warm buns and melt butter.
- serve with chips.