Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 15 mins
This is no ordinary meat loaf. The zesty seasoning gives the flavor a spark.
Make and share this Mom's Best Meatloaf recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- additional ketchup
- In a large bowl, combine the first 12 ingredients; mix well.
- Press into an ungreased 8-1/2-in. x 4-1/2-in. x 2-1/2-in. loaf pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour.
- Drizzle top of loaf with ketchup; bake 15 minutes more or until no pink remains.