Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
If you're looking for a great hamburger steak recipe, this is the one for you! Easy, economical & perfect for quick family meal!
- 1 lb ground round
- 1 organic egg, beaten
- sourdough bread, pieces
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 sweet vidalia onion
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup merlot
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Combine beef, egg, bread crumbs, salt & pepper.
- Form into 4 patties and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in skillet, saute onion & mushrooms.
- Return beef to skillet cook for approximately 6 minutes on each side then add 1/4 c merlot and 1/4 c water.
- Simmer until slightly reduced (about 8 minutes). Serve with baby peas and mashed potatoes.
The taste is good but the direction were not clear. The merlot and water should be in the list of ingredients. When I added the patties to the skillet, I was not sure if I had to let them cook a little bit. I waited 2 minutes, then flipped the patties. I added the merlot and water. I should have waited to cook the other side. Cause while it was simmering, the patties were still raw. I didn't know what to do. So I put the skillet in the oven at 350 F for about 30 minutes. I didn't have gravy to serve the patties. I was disappointed a lot. We had to eat something else cause it took too much time. Made for TYM tag game