Mom's Best Chewy Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place chocolate in a heavy duty ziploc bag and smash with meat tenderizer or rolling pin -- whatever heavy bludgeoning device you happen to have handy (The chocolate was killed in the kitchen by Col. Mustard with a candlestick ;)).
- In a large bowl, combine sugars and butter.
- Add vanilla and eggs; blend well.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt and mix well.
- Stir in the chocolate.
- Drop by tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8-10 minutes, and cool 1 minute before removing to wire racks to cool completely.