1/3 Photos of Mom's Best Brownies
Goji Girl's Note:
My mom has made a variation of these brownies as long as I can remember. She doesn't know where she got the recipe from. I substituted whole wheat flour and honestly no one can tell it isn't made with white flour! You can substitute plain applesauce for part of the oil, but I like to use 1 c oil (as my mom does) with no applesauce - faster to measure, and it is a dessert after all! I hope you enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease and 'flour' 9x13" pan, using cocoa powder instead of flour. (This will eliminate any white spots on bottom of brownies).
- 3In a large bowl, stir together cocoa, flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- 4Add oil, eggs, vanilla, and any optional ingredients. Mix well, stopping as soon as all ingredients are incorporated - excessive mixing will cause a cake-like texture.
- 5Pour into prepared 9x13" pan.
- 6Bake at 350 for 27-30 minutes. Test with toothpick, the brownies are done when no batter clings to it. Remove slightly earlier if you like a gooey, eat with a fork brownie.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Best Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (61 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 187.9
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 31.0 mg
- Sodium 124.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 16.7 g
- Protein 2.3 g