Recipe by Purdy Good Cook
There are a lot of bran muffin recipes, and I have tried making alot of them, but there is still yet to be a bran muffin recipe that is better then this. They are so moist! Great for breakfast, or addition to any lunch. This is a large recipe. I usually cut it in half, or bake them all and freeze some for lunches.
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups all-bran cereal, ceral
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup margarine
- 4 eggs
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 5 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 4 cups bran flakes
- 3 1⁄2 cups raisins or 3 1⁄2 cups dates
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour two cups of boiling water over all bran ceral.
- Let stand.
- Cream together sugar, margarine, and eggs.
- Add butter milk, and bran/water mix to sugar, margarine, and eggs.
- In a separate bowl mix together flour, baking soda, salt, and bran flakes.
- Add wet ingredients to dry, and mix well.
- Fold in raisens or dates.
- Bake at 350 for 15-20 minute.
- Muffins turn out best if you make the mixture the night before, and bake them the next day.