Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I thought I better post this recipe as I am often asked for it-Very moist and yummy!
Make and share this Moms Best Banana Bread recipe from Food.com.
- cream together butter and sugar. Beat in one egg at a time. Mix in vanilla, mashed banana, applesauce and buttermilk.
- In another bowl, sift together dry ingredients, then stir into banana mixture until just moistened. Stir in nuts if desired. (Do not beat or over stir).
- Pour into greased loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 for Approximately1 hour (ovens vary so check after 50 min)
- Remove from oven, let cool 5 minute then remove from pan.
- Cool on wire rack.
Very moist bread. My DW & DD both loved it. I added cinnamon and nutmeg and regular milk as I was out of buttermilk. Mine took a little longer to bake, no biggie as ovens do vary. Thanks for posting it!