Recipe by cheryl
My mother used to make these at a concession stand she had rented right by a lake. Some people would come to just eat and not swim. The sauce can also be used for hot dogs, etc.
Top Review by Mille®
Great sauce, especially if you are a little short on time. The only sub I made was to replace 2 oz. of the ketchup with a sweet, mild chili sauce - just right! Dipped some peel-and-eat shrimp in it, too.
- 2 lbs ground beef or 2 lbs ground turkey
- 8 hamburger buns (grilled if desired)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large green pepper, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup catsup
- 1⁄2 cup beer (flat if you ever have any leftovers)
Directions See How It's Made
- Shape meat into 8 patties and cook as desired; grill, fry, broil, etc.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in frying pan and saute pepper and onion slices over medium/high heat.
- When slightly limp, lower heat and add beer and catsup.
- Simmer until the burgers and buns are ready.
- Pile sauce onto burgers.