Recipe by cactusgirlaz
My favorite meal while growing up. Then it became my kids favorite meal. Soooo easy and so scrumptiously comforting!!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- beef base, paste (to taste (I like it beefy)
- 3 (10 1/2 ounce) cans beef consomme
- 1⁄2 cup sherry wine
- 2 -3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef and onion.
- Add chopped garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms, beef base,and consommé.
- Bring to a boil, then turn down the heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Taste, and adjust seasonings. Add sherry and simmer 5-10 more minutes.
- Mix cornstarch with water until smooth. Add a little bit at a time until desired thickness
- (should be quite thick, the sour cream will thin it down).
- When you achieve desired thickness, turn down the heat and add sour cream--do not let it boil.
- Serve over rice or noodles, with corn and a tossed green salad.