Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I have been making this recipe for years and it has been passed down my family line for 15 years. 6 years ago my mom and I added a few twists to spice things up. It won three blue ribbons in the soups4u challenge! Hope you enjoy!
- 2 lbs beef tips
- 10 -12 potatoes
- 3 celery ribs
- 3 large carrots
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato soup
- 3 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 5 tablespoons pepper
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 8 tablespoons seasoning salt
- Peel and cut potatoes into bite size chunks.
- Boil potatoes for about ten minutes.
- Fry meat tips on the stove top in a large sauce pan until cooked.
- Cut celery and carrots into desired chunks.
- Drain the water from the potatoes.
- Using a large stew pot mix potatoes, celery, meat tips and carrots into a large soup pot. Add the tomato paste and soup. And 1-2 cans of water (depending on your taste of thickness).
- Heat on medium (7 or 8).
- When it comes to a boil add garlic powder, Tabasco, pepper, salt, seasoning salt.
- Blend together using a medium soup spoon.
- Turn temp down to around a 5 or 6.
- Let boil for about five min and taste.
- Add any additional seasonings.
- Let cook for about 10 minutes.
- Serve with sour dough or french bread.