Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
One of my favorite meals growing up, I've adjusted this to make it easier for todays cooks to put together.
- 2 lbs beef chuck, cubed
- 3 cups water
- 4 beef bouillon cubes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen stew vegetables
- Season meaet with salt and pepper.
- roll in flour and brown in oil.
- Add water, bouliion cubes, and seasonings.
- Simmer for minimum of 2 hours.
- Add more water if it becomes too thick.
- One hour before serving, add vegetables and simmer.
Very "homely" and nice stew. Although I did use any salt I still found it a bit too salty. Maybe the bouillon cubes I used. Next time I'll use only two cubes. Added a potato to draw out some of the saltiness and that helped. The veggies I used were a mix of onion, leek, carrot, pastinak, peas, string beans, cauliflower, broccoli, mushroom and spinach. (that's what one can find in the frozen veggie bags here). Easy to make and wonderful smell while simmering. Made for PAC Fall '07. Thanks for posting.