Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Beef and tomato based vegetable soup.
- 3 lbs chuck roast
- 2 quarts canned diced tomatoes
- 6 cups water
- 2 -4 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup celery
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can corn
- 1 cup carrot
- 1 cup diced potato
- 1 cup frozen green beans
- 1 (10 ounce) package lima beans
- Combine whole roast, 1 quart tomatoes, water, salt (depending on taste & how much salt is in your tomatoes), Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, and bay leaves. Simmer 2 hours.
- Remove the beef and cool enough to cut into bite-size pieces, trimming any fat. Skim fat from soup. Return the meat to the soup, and add the second quart of tomatoes, celery, corn, carrots, potatos, green beans, and limas. Simmer till carrots and potatos are tender.