Recipe by ervigile
My mom's meatball recipe that was on a disintegrating piece of 20 year old notebook paper.
Top Review by mama smurf
Cut the recipe in half and followed as written...delicious! My little helper for the day loved shaping the meatballs and even more in getting to taste the final product. Made for Fall PAC 2011.
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup cracker, crushed
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 9 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 6 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced onions
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine meatball ingredients in a bowl.
- Shape into 1-inch balls.
- Place on ungreased pan and bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes.
- While that's cooking, combine sauce ingredients in a bowl.
- Pour over partially cooked meatballs and continue to bake at 325 for one hour.
- Serve with white or brown rice.