Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is my mom's recipe. Instead of ketchup, it uses tomato puree.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1⁄4 cup molasses or 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- Combine first seven ingredients; shape into 12 balls.
- Brown in skillet; drain fat.
- Combine sauce ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Pour over meatballs and simmer over low heat 15 minutes, turning until meatballs are well glazed.
Very enjoyable meatball dinner. We had it with mashed potatoes and green beans. To us it was like eating little meatloaf balls. Thanks for a good dinner.