Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A barbecue staple in my family. I just make it with vegetable broth because I'm the lame vegetarian back home. It's important to use Russet potatoes, as you want the broth to make some sort of a sauce with the starch released from them. Waxy potatoes would just make a watery side dish.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large vidalia onion, cut into thin rings
- 4 big russet potatoes, unpeeled, sliced into thin slices
- 2 tablespoons dried herbes de provence
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth
- Preheat your grill at medium heat.
- Take a big sheet ( like 60 cm long) of heavy duty aluminum paper. Grease it with the butter.
- Lay some onion rings in the middle. You want to make a package out of it, so lay your ingredients with that in mind :).
- Now put some potatoes over the onions. Sprinkle with herbes de provence and salt and pepper.
- Cover with another "story" of onions, then potatoes, then spices.
- Repeat until you have nothing left.
- Start putting the sides of the packet up. Pour the broth over the veggies.
- Close the package as a papillote, and put on grill. Close the top of your barbie and let cook for about 30 minutes, just watch it doesn't burn!