1/1 Photo of Mom's Barbecue Ribs
1 hr 15 mins
Ben C's Note:
Pork ribs with sweet and spicy North Carolina barbecue sauce. This is the way my mom always made ribs so it's my all time favorite. The original calls for white rather than sweet onion and thick country style ribs instead of babyback. Mom never grilled the ribs either but I love the smoky taste from the grill.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix all ingredients except rice.
- 2Bring to a rolling boil. Reduce to simmer.
- 3Simmer uncovered for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- 4Drain any remaining oil from top.
- 5Boil ribs covered for 15-30 minutes.
- 6Remove from water, save rib stock.
- 7Brush ribs with sauce and grill over medium heat for about 15 minutes, turning once.
- 8I like to boil a couple of cups of rice in the rib stock and serve the ribs on a bed of rice with extra sauce on the side.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Barbecue Ribs
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 251.4
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 53.4 mg
- Sodium 782.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 11.4 g