Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Tasty shredded beef barbecue that is matched by no other. Handed down from my grandmother to my mother and now to me. Lots of memories are wrapped up in this dish!
- 4 lbs lean chuck roast
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3 -4 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons salt (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon pepper (or to taste)
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Add all ingredients together in large pan.
- Cover and cook slowly for 3-4 hours until meat is tender and can be pulled apart easily.
- Serve on buns.