Recipe by MizEmerilLagasse
This is a recipe that I remember my mom always making when I was a child. I could eat this all day when I was younger, and could probably still do that today.
Top Review by recoverinpickyeater
I also wanted a recipe for cooked pudding--and this was great! I love the warm pudding softening the wafers! I think I threw in an extra banana or 2, and sprinkled wafer crumbs over the top. Kids and hubby loved it!
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) boxes vanilla pudding mix or 2 (3 1/2 ounce) boxes vegetarian vanilla pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 40 -50 vanilla wafers
- 2 large bananas, cut into 1/4 inch thick rounds
- 1 (6 ounce) container Cool Whip
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the vanilla pudding mixes with the milk.
- Bring to a boil over medium-low heat, whisking constantly.
- Whisk in the vanilla extract and set aside.
- Line the bottom on a 9"-13" baking pan with the vanilla wafers then the bananas.
- Pour the pudding into the pan carefully.
- Push more vanilla wafers into the sides of the pan.
- Spread the cool whip over the top and refrigerate over night or atleast 4 hours before serving.