Recipe by Sam #3
Taken from Fabulous Desserts. Bananas and chocolate, oh my!
Top Review by 2Bleu
We quartered the recipe and got 3 delicious jumbo muffins. We used shortening vs. lard as we do for most dessert items. We dusted the tops with confectioners' sugar and devoured them. This cake is pure heaven. Next time, we're making a whole cake. Thanks again Sam, for another keeper. You rock!
- 473.18 ml cake flour
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 118.29 ml shortening or 118.29 ml lard
- 354.88 ml brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 78.07 ml mashed ripe banana
- 56.69 g baking chocolate, melted and cooled
- 177.44 ml buttermilk
- 4.92 ml vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- Cram shortening, add sugar and cream together until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add banana pulp, then melted chocolate.
- Combine milk and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients alternatly with milk mixture to the creamed mixture, beat well.
- Pour into a greased 9x13 pan, bake at 350F for 45 minutes.