Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
this is my mom's banana bread recipe. best ever in my opinion. i make it every year for the holidays. i put any over-ripe bananas that don't get eaten in the freezer and use those. just de-frost and mash. i also make mine without the nuts.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 large bananas
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup broken pecans (optional) or 1 cup walnuts (optional)
- cream butter (or margarine) and sugar.
- add eggs and bananas.
- sift flour and sugar.
- stir in remaining ingredients.
- pour into greased loaf pan.
- bake at 350F for 50 minutes, 30 minutes for mini-loaf pans. use toothpick method to check for doneness.
So easy to make. I don't let anything go to waste so I had banana's so I thought Bananan bread. Very tasty......Made for PAC 2010