Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Moist and delicious- add nuts or mini chocolate chips for a special treat!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup margarine, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups bananas, ripe, mashed
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 2⁄3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix sugar, margarine and eggs until blended.
- Add water and bananas. Beat 30 seconds.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients until just moistened.
- Pour into greased 9 inch loaf pan.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Use a knife to loosen the loaf from the pan and remove loaf. Finish cooling on a cooling rack.
Delicious! I added a few handfuls of chocolate chips to the batter- Yum! I brought a loaf to work and co-workers rated your recipe 5 stars :) Made for PAC Fall 2009
Absolutely delicious! Thank you for sharing this recipe! I added a heaping cup of walnuts, and about 1/3 cup of cinnamon chips. DH said, "This is good. This is REALLY good. I mean, This is REALLY (explitive) GOOD!" And he's a man of few words, so I know this is a definate keeper! Thanks, MBeldner! Made for PAC Fall 2009 ~ You were Adopted!