Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
The best banana bread, I don't see any recipes with these exact ingredients or amounts on zaar.
- 709.77 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml butter
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 828.06 ml sifted flour
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 236.59 ml buttermilk
- 6 very ripe mashed bananas
- Mix sugar, butter and vanilla till well blended.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Add flour, soda and salt alternately with the buttermilk until well blended. Add the mashed bananas last.
- Grease and flour either an angel food cake pan or a 9 by 13" pan. Pour batter in and bake at 325 for approximately 1 hour.
Delicious! Thank you for sharing your recipe! My whole family loves it and we all agree that it's our favorite of all the banana bread recipes we've ever tried! Followed recipe exactly (didn't have buttermilk so I combined 1 tbsp of vinegar with 1% milk to make a 1 cup measurement and it worked great!). Thanks, again!
This is, by far, the best banana bread I have ever tasted! I am immediately replacing my old recipe with this one and I am going to make more of this bread soon to send to my son and daughter-in-law. If you are searching Zaar for the perfect way to use up some really ripe bananas, do yourself a favor and make this bread. Heck, this bread is good enough for you to purposely buy too many bananas and let them get really ripe just so you have an excuse to make this bread.
Made this several weeks ago - a little taste and into the freezer to see if it was freezer friendly. Find not only quick and easy it freezes well. Next making will see how it works in a bundt or the angel cake pan. Very good just as I expected a mom recipe to be.