Recipe by Susang
The best banana bread, I don't see any recipes with these exact ingredients or amounts on zaar.
Top Review by j_carpenter
Delicious! Thank you for sharing your recipe! My whole family loves it and we all agree that it's our favorite of all the banana bread recipes we've ever tried! Followed recipe exactly (didn't have buttermilk so I combined 1 tbsp of vinegar with 1% milk to make a 1 cup measurement and it worked great!). Thanks, again!
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 3 1⁄2 cups sifted flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 6 very ripe mashed bananas
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sugar, butter and vanilla till well blended.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Add flour, soda and salt alternately with the buttermilk until well blended. Add the mashed bananas last.
- Grease and flour either an angel food cake pan or a 9 by 13" pan. Pour batter in and bake at 325 for approximately 1 hour.