Recipe by Chef by Chance
I am always buying more bananas than I can eat. My mom's recipe is my favorite way to use them. You can substitute one tsp of vinegar for the lemon juice.
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the milk and lemon juice. Set aside.
- Preheat oven at 325 degrees.
- Cream together the shortening and sugar.
- Add the eggs and mix well.
- Mash the bananas. I find a potato masher works well. Add them to the mixture.
- Mix the baking soda into the milk, then add alternately to the banana mixture with the 2 cups of flour.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan and bake for about 1 hour.