Recipe by sillyyack#2
This is the best gluten free banana bread I have ever tasted. The recipe handed down from my mother has been a hit in our family for decades.
Top Review by mojenny
This recipe was wonderful! Would fool anyone into think it was flour! I mixed it a little differently. I beat shortening and sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs, mashed banana, milk and squeeze of fresh lemon. Then mixed in all dry ingredients together. Baked beautifully, no foil to cover. 40 to 45 minutes in my oven. Yum
- 1 1⁄2 cups gluten-free flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup banana (mashed)
- 1⁄3 cup shortening
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour sugar, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum, and salt in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- In another bowl mash one cup worth of banana.
- add banana, milk, eggs, and shortening to dry mix.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- Pour batter into pan and cook for 30 - 35 minutes. Cover top of bread with foil during the last 15 minutes.