Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is my mom's recipe. My family really loves this sausage. My family thinks it tastes like sausage you buy at the fairs. I even sometimes add banana pepper rings with a couple tablespoons of the juice. Use what peppers you have on hand I've even used just red and green.
- 2 -3 lbs sausage
- 1⁄2 half red pepper
- 1⁄2 half green pepper
- 1⁄2 half yellow pepper
- 1 -2 onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Place sausage in a cake pan sprayed with Pam.
- Top sausage with peppers and onions. Season with salt & pepper to taste. Add 1/2 cup water to the pan.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove the foil and stir the sausage, peppers and onions. Cover with the foil again and return to the oven and continue to bake for 20 more minutes.
- Note: I like to drain my peppers, onions and sausage if needed and fry my peppers & onions in butter a little before serving.