1/4 Photos of Mom's Baked Rice Pudding
3 hrs 10 mins
I love this rich pudding. It is not a dieter's friend but I have lightened it up from time to time. What makes this special is the short grain rice, whole milk and butter. Comfort food at its finest.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Turn oven to 325F and grease large casserole dish.
- 2Pour in first 5 ingredients and stir well. It will look like a lot of milk but it isn't too much.
- 3If you want raisins and cinnamon stir it in now. I never put them in as my family prefers it without.
- 4Dot the top of the ingredients with chunks of butter.
- 5Bake for 2-3 hours. Stir every 15 minutes for the first hour and then just let it cook. Check it at 2 hours and if it is getting dry add another cup of milk and stir. Taste test to be sure rice is cooked.
- 6It will get a nice brown skin on top. You can remove it but I like to stir it in as I serve it. It is very flavourful.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Baked Rice Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (215 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 244.4
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 29.7 mg
- Sodium 407.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 21.7 g
- Protein 6.6 g