Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
These beans are so good!! As a matter of fact, this is the only way my boys will eat baked beans. It is a bit different but Oh so delicious! Hope you enjoy!
- 1 (28 ounce) canoriginal bushes baked beans
- 1 medium onion
- 1⁄2 lb hamburger meat
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons frenchs mustard
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 thick slices Velveeta cheese
- Pam cooking spray
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- In a saucepan brown the hamburger meat and the onion. Drain set aside.
- In a Pam sprayed casserole dish add the beans, ketchup, mustard, and brown sugar mixing well.
- Add the browned meat mixture to the bean mixture and stir mixing well.
- Cook beans until throughly hot maybe 15 minutes then add the velveeta cheese on top put back into stove until cheese is melted.
- Take out and stir.
- I had to really guess on measurements and cooking times because with this recipe I never measure exact amount. I know that I use way more Velveeta Cheese. I guess you can play with the recipe until you find your personal likings.
We thoroughly enjoyed this wonderful variation of baked beans. The addition of the Velveeta cheese added a whole different taste sensation. I made as written except that I decreased the mustard to 2 Tablespoons, and I added an extra slice of Velveeta cheese. I mixed everything in a large bowl and then put it in a 9x13" baking dish. I let the beans bake for 30 minutes before adding the cheese...yummy! Thank you for sharing.
**Made for PAC Fall 2012**
We do love the taste of Bushes baked beans, & this recipe made for a great tasting dish! I did increase the brown sugar to a generous tablespoon, but then, it was either that or surrendering to my desire to add a bit of molasses! Thanks for posting a great recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick A Chef event]