Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
My mother makes this for every family event, and if she doesn't, she hears about it...that's how good these are! They also make a great potluck contribution.
- 1 (14 ounce) can lima beans
- 1 (19 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 2 (28 ounce) cans pork & beans
- 5 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In frying pan, cook bacon until crisp. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add ground beef, celery and onion to pan. Cook until beef completely browned.
- While beef is cooking, in a strainer, pour out to drain the cans of Lima beans, Kidney beans and Pork and Beans. DO NOT RINSE.
- Transfer to a large bowl the finished meat, the drained beans and then add in the Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar and ketchup. Mix thoroughly.
- Add all items to a roasting pan or oven-safe dish and cover. Bake for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and top with grated cheese. Return to oven, uncovered and bake for 15 more minutes.