Recipe by Sperrol1994
Ready, Set, Cook! Reynolds Wrap Contest Entry. It's a complete meal- it contains protein, grains, and vegetables! It can be made ahead during spare time and it's simple to make and tastes great!
- 1 zucchini, shredded
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cherry tomatoes, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄4 cup panko breadcrumbs or 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄8 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (optional)
- 1 egg
- 8 -10 slices bacon
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese, plus
- extra shredded monterey jack cheese, for topping
- 1⁄2 cup salsa, plus
- extra salsa, for topping
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef (optional- half can be ground turkey)
- Reynolds Wrap Foil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F if you are going to cook it after preparation.
- 1. Line a 9 x 5 x 3 loaf pan generously (leave extra along the sides if you plan to freeze) with Reynolds Aluminum Foil.
- 2. Place 4-5 bacon strips across the short side, long edges touching, to enfold the meatloaf.
- 3. Combine first nine ingredients. Fold in with the beef.
- 4. Gently press meat mixture into the bacon-lined loaf pan.
- 5. Fold the bacon over the top of the meatloaf.
- 6. Lay remaining 4-5 bacon slices across the loaf.
- 7. Bake uncovered for 50 minutes.
- 8. Top with extra salsa and shredded Monterey Jack Cheese.
- 9. Bake for another 15 minutes.
- *Freeze if not ready to cook.
- Lift the foil wrapped meatloaf out of the loaf pan and you have freed your pan for other uses.