Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
My mom made these a lot, as they were one of my dad's favorites. Now I serve them to my family at breakfast, lunch or dinner! They are delicious with anything or all by themselves! Enjoy!
- 4 -5 medium potatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 large egg
- Peel and grate potatoes and onion into a strainer sitting in a large bowl.
- Wait about ten minutes, allowing liquid to drip into bowl.
- Press out any additional liquid.
- Discard liquid and put grated potatoes and onion into the large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix gently until combined.
- Fill a frying pan with about 1/4" of vegetable oil and heat over medium high heat.
- Drop large spoonfuls of mixture into hot oil and press with back of spoon until flattened.
- You can usually fit about 4 at a time in the pan.
- When brown and crispy, turn over and brown other side.
- Place on paper towel lined pan and keep in oven on high heat until done frying all of the pancakes.
- Serve immediately while they are still nice and crispy.
Awesome recipe. I added two more potatoes and an additional egg. You got it going on with these potato pancakes
Yum! Thanks to your recipe, I now know that the secret to making good potato pancakes (or hash browns ;) is to squeeze the water out before frying the potatoes. Never could get these to work before... Thanks for posting!
Off the chart! These were very easy and sooooo delicious! Better than the ones I grew up with. Thanks.