1/1 Photo of Mom's Awesome Potato Pancakes
My mom made these a lot, as they were one of my dad's favorites. Now I serve them to my family at breakfast, lunch or dinner! They are delicious with anything or all by themselves! Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and grate potatoes and onion into a strainer sitting in a large bowl.
- 2Wait about ten minutes, allowing liquid to drip into bowl.
- 3Press out any additional liquid.
- 4Discard liquid and put grated potatoes and onion into the large bowl.
- 5Add remaining ingredients and mix gently until combined.
- 6Fill a frying pan with about 1/4" of vegetable oil and heat over medium high heat.
- 7Drop large spoonfuls of mixture into hot oil and press with back of spoon until flattened.
- 8You can usually fit about 4 at a time in the pan.
- 9When brown and crispy, turn over and brown other side.
- 10Place on paper towel lined pan and keep in oven on high heat until done frying all of the pancakes.
- 11Serve immediately while they are still nice and crispy.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Awesome Potato Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (1051 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 105.5
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 26.4 mg
- Sodium 443.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 3.3 g