Recipe by Karen=^..^=
My mom made these a lot, as they were one of my dad's favorites. Now I serve them to my family at breakfast, lunch or dinner! They are delicious with anything or all by themselves! Enjoy!
- 4 -5 medium potatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 large egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and grate potatoes and onion into a strainer sitting in a large bowl.
- Wait about ten minutes, allowing liquid to drip into bowl.
- Press out any additional liquid.
- Discard liquid and put grated potatoes and onion into the large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix gently until combined.
- Fill a frying pan with about 1/4" of vegetable oil and heat over medium high heat.
- Drop large spoonfuls of mixture into hot oil and press with back of spoon until flattened.
- You can usually fit about 4 at a time in the pan.
- When brown and crispy, turn over and brown other side.
- Place on paper towel lined pan and keep in oven on high heat until done frying all of the pancakes.
- Serve immediately while they are still nice and crispy.