1/1 Photo of Mom's Awesome 7 Layer Chip Dip
J. Wong's Note:
This is my mom's famous 7 layer chip dip recipe. It is simple yet sure to wow your guests. Guests will flock to your event when they hear that this dip will be there.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 2 avocados
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 dash garlic salt
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (1 ounce) packet lawrey's taco seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (I usually use a 4 cheese Mexican blend)
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced with seeds removed
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced black olives
- 2 stalks green onions, sliced
- 11. Combine sour cream, mayo, and Lawry's seasoning in small bowl.
- 22. In another small bowl remove flesh from avocados and mash, then add lime juice and garlic salt.
- 33. In a clear 13" x 9" pan (doesn't have to be clear, but it adds to the presentation) evenly spread refried beans, I use the back of a large spoon.
- 44. Spread avocado mixture on top of refried beans layer.
- 55. Spread Lawry's seasoning mixture on top of avocado layer.
- 66. Sprinkle shredded cheese to cover top of Lawry's seasoning layer, top with diced tomatoes, sliced olives, and sliced green onions.
- 77. Serve with tortilla chips, use lime flavored tortilla chips for an even bigger hit!
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Awesome 7 Layer Chip Dip
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 320.9
- Calories from Fat 204
- Total Fat 22.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 31.9 mg
- Sodium 627.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 9.7 g