This is my mom's famous 7 layer chip dip recipe. It is simple yet sure to wow your guests. Guests will flock to your event when they hear that this dip will be there.
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 2 avocados
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 dash garlic salt
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (1 ounce) packetlawrey's taco seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheese (I usually use a 4 cheese Mexican blend)
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced with seeds removed
- 1 (4 ounce) cansliced black olives
- 2 stalks green onions, sliced
- 1. Combine sour cream, mayo, and Lawry's seasoning in small bowl.
- 2. In another small bowl remove flesh from avocados and mash, then add lime juice and garlic salt.
- 3. In a clear 13" x 9" pan (doesn't have to be clear, but it adds to the presentation) evenly spread refried beans, I use the back of a large spoon.
- 4. Spread avocado mixture on top of refried beans layer.
- 5. Spread Lawry's seasoning mixture on top of avocado layer.
- 6. Sprinkle shredded cheese to cover top of Lawry's seasoning layer, top with diced tomatoes, sliced olives, and sliced green onions.
- 7. Serve with tortilla chips, use lime flavored tortilla chips for an even bigger hit!