Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
My Mom always made this for my Dad's birthday, he wouldn't have any other cake. :)
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- 1 cup apricot nectar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- lemon juice
- Combine lemon cake mix, apricot nectar, sugar and oil in large bowl.
- Beat for 3 minutes.
- Add 1 egg at a time, mix after each one.
- Pour mixture into greased and floured pan.
- (you can use either a bundt or rectangle 13" x 9" pan) Bake at 325* for 1 hour or until done.
- (check a few times toward the end, don't want it to dry out.) Cool right side up 5 minutes then remove from bundt pan or leave in rectangle pan.
- Mix 1 cup powdered sugar and enough lemon juice to make a glaze.
- Pour over still warm cake to make a glaze over top and let it drizzle down the sides.