Recipe by pdowning26
I grew up eating this muffins fresh from the oven. My mom's favorite muffin recipe, she made if often. Healthy and delicious my DH LOVES these! I love them too! Easy to make and yummy to eat! The strusel topping is the best!
Top Review by NcMysteryShopper
I was out of eggs so used egg substitute.. they came out a bit gummy lol I am going to try this again with real eggs - the batter was so good..... i was thinking something tart like cranberries may even be good in this one.
- 1 1⁄2 cups oatmeal
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (I usually add more -- )
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Line muffin pan with liners and a quick spritz of cooking spray on the bottom of each.
- Mix together oatmeal, flour, cinnamon, baking powder in baking soda.
- Add the applesauce, milk, brown sugar, vegetable oil and egg.
- Fill muffin liners 2/3 full with batter.
- In a separte bowl, mix topping ingredients together, sprinkle about a spoonful over muffin.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes
- *** Sometimes I double the Streusel Topping***.