Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Mom always makes this for Christmas but it would be great all year round.
Make and share this Mom's Applesauce Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Grease and flour a tube pan, add waxed paper to bottom. Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream shortening and sugar until fluffy.
- Stir in egg then add applesauce.
- Sift flour and spices together, stir into mixture, alternating with water. After blending, add nuts and raisins.
- Pour batter into pan and bake about 1 hour. Let cool and remove. Can also use a 13 x 9 in pan but only bake for 45 minutes.