- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups coarsely grated peeled Red Delicious apples
- Crust: Blend 1 cup flour, salt, sugar and butter, then add vinegar and combine well.
- Pat evenly into 8x8 or 9x9 pan and 1 inch up the sides.
- Set aside.
- Topping: Place grated apples in a collander and press out extra juice.
- Then place in bowl and add rest of topping ingredients, mix well.
- Spread evenly over crust.
- Bake in 400 degree F oven for 1 hour.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.