Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Old southern family recipe handed down for years.
Make and share this Mom's Apple Stack Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Mix together cookie layer ingredients and add enough flour to roll out nicely.
- Take a piece of dough about the size of your fist and pat it out in pie tins.
- It will be thin.
- Bake 2 at a time at 375 degrees about 10 minutes.
- Makes about 9 pie size cookies.
- Spread filling between each layer and on top of assembled cake.
- Sometimes you can make 2 cakes from this recipe.
- This cake improves with age after the filling has soaked into the cookie layers.
- Best if eaten a day or 2 after it is made.