Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Old southern family recipe handed down for years.
Make and share this Mom's Apple Stack Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Mix together cookie layer ingredients and add enough flour to roll out nicely.
- Take a piece of dough about the size of your fist and pat it out in pie tins.
- It will be thin.
- Bake 2 at a time at 375 degrees about 10 minutes.
- Makes about 9 pie size cookies.
- Spread filling between each layer and on top of assembled cake.
- Sometimes you can make 2 cakes from this recipe.
- This cake improves with age after the filling has soaked into the cookie layers.
- Best if eaten a day or 2 after it is made.
This is exactly what I have been searching for. A dear friend of the family used to make this years ago and she was a wonderful Southern cook. This brings back great childhood memories.
It was thin layers of cake with sweetened spiced applesauce between the layers. The longer it sat, the mellower it became.