Recipe by cxstitcher
I have always loved my mom's apple pies, and after many years, have asked her for her recipe.
Top Review by Buckwheatjr.
For some reason the crust disappeared after baking and it was watery at the bottom. Maybe it's because I used apples from the tree in my backyard, or something was wrong with the crust recipe I used? But it tasted good anyway. Thanks!
- 6 peeled and sliced apples
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pie crust (recipe #1234)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the sliced apples with the sugar, flour and spices and set alside.
- Prepare your pie crust, dividing in two.
- Placing 1/2 of rolled pie crust in bottom of pan.
- Place your sliced apple mix into the prepared pie pan.
- Cover your apple mixture with the other half of pie crust.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- I put foil over the edges for about 1/2 hour to keep the crust edges from burning.