Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I have always loved my mom's apple pies, and after many years, have asked her for her recipe.
- 6 peeled and sliced apples
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pie crust (recipe #1234)
- Mix the sliced apples with the sugar, flour and spices and set alside.
- Prepare your pie crust, dividing in two.
- Placing 1/2 of rolled pie crust in bottom of pan.
- Place your sliced apple mix into the prepared pie pan.
- Cover your apple mixture with the other half of pie crust.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- I put foil over the edges for about 1/2 hour to keep the crust edges from burning.
For some reason the crust disappeared after baking and it was watery at the bottom. Maybe it's because I used apples from the tree in my backyard, or something was wrong with the crust recipe I used? But it tasted good anyway. Thanks!