Recipe by Hazeleyes
I've been making this recipe for over 20 years! The autumn season just wouldn't be the same without it. A generous scoop of this dessert with vanilla ice cream on top is a heavenly delight. Peaches can used instead of apples. Either way, a favorite with our family.
Top Review by run for your life
I can't imagine a better apple crisp/crumble recipe! I've made it exactly as called for a few times and it's always wonderful! However I did make a few modifications this past time that I thought I'd share. I added 10-15 caramels and a sprinkle of nutmeg to the apple mixture to make it a carmel apple crunch - yum! I also used about 1/2 wheat flour and 1/2 white flour for the crumble topping. I received numerous compliments on it! Thanks for sharing this tasty recipe:)
- 6 -8 cups peeled and sliced tart apples
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups oatmeal
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2⁄3 cup melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the first 5 ingredients.
- Mix well and place in a greased 9x13 baking dish.
- Combine oats, flour, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder and melted butter.
- Crumble together well, and sprinkle over the apple mixture.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.