Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is one of those recipes that I associate the taste & smell of with growing up. Super easy and inexpensive. One of my mom's best!
- 4 cups sliced apples (I prefer firm, green ones)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 7 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- While cutting apples, cut into 1/4" thick slices.
- Butter small baking dish.
- Place apple slices in dish.
- Combine water& cinnamon, pour over apples.
- Work together sugar, flour& butter til crumbly, spread evenly over apples.
- Bake slowly, uncovered at 375 for 45 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Serve hot with Cool Whip or vanilla ice cream.
- **note,I prefer lots of"crumblies" with my apple crisp, so I often double the ingredients for the topping.
A wonderful and VERY easy dessert! I made this for 8 people, doubled the recipe and served it with Cool Whip Topping. Granny Smith apples. Second best sensation I ever had! *.* All my dinner guest were VERY happy. Thanks so much for posting this fine recipe -- a definite keeper!!! pat, the old bone man
Thanks, Parrot Head Mama! We must have the same mom, because this was my mom's recipe, too. I love this recipe, and it says 'home' to me. I also add about 1/2 teaspoon salt to the apples/water/cinnamon, as personal preference. Thanks for posting.