Recipe by Narshmellow
My favorite dessert that my mom makes. I always double the topping because that is my favorite part.
Top Review by ~Yessica~
This was very good! I used only granny smith apples so it was a little more tart then I would have liked. Next time I think I will try and throw in some other sweeter apples! Thanks for the recipe!
- 12 medium apples, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup oatmeal, not quick
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss first five ingredients together and put in lightly greased 9x13 pan.
- Cut together the rest of the ingredients and crumble on top of apple mixture to cover it all.
- In a 1 cup measurer put 1 Tbsp lemon juice, a 1 tsp vanilla extract and fill the rest of the way full with apple juice or water.
- Sprinkle over the top of crisp.
- Bake until top is a golden brown.
- About 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Serve warm with whipped topping or ice cream.