1/1 Photo of Mom's Apple Crisp
Chrissy Sweettooth's Note:
It's more of a cobbler, but my mom calls it apple crisp. It's warm and flavorful, and I often eat the leftovers for breakfast - if there is any left!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat your oven to 350°F (325°F in a glass pan.).
- 2Slice apples in 9"x9" in square pan.
- 3Mix cinnamon and sugar. Add cinnamon mixture to apples.
- 4Add hot water. Dot with butter.
- 5Cover pan tightly with aluminum foil.
- 6Let simmer over very low heat (on stovetop) while preparing crust layer.
- 7Mix dry ingredients and add butter.
- 8Add beaten egg. Mix well.
- 9Finish mixing with fingers.
- 10Drop pieces of stiff batter onto the boiling apples. Spread out to make a layer.
- 11Bake for 30 minutes or until crust is light brown.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Apple Crisp
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 570.4
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 69.4 mg
- Sodium 188.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 118.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 89.1 g
- Protein 5.2 g