Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
It's more of a cobbler, but my mom calls it apple crisp. It's warm and flavorful, and I often eat the leftovers for breakfast - if there is any left!
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (325°F in a glass pan.).
- Slice apples in 9"x9" in square pan.
- Mix cinnamon and sugar. Add cinnamon mixture to apples.
- Add hot water. Dot with butter.
- Cover pan tightly with aluminum foil.
- Let simmer over very low heat (on stovetop) while preparing crust layer.
- Mix dry ingredients and add butter.
- Add beaten egg. Mix well.
- Finish mixing with fingers.
- Drop pieces of stiff batter onto the boiling apples. Spread out to make a layer.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until crust is light brown.