Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
One of my favorite things for mom to fix when I was a kid.
- 3 -4 large apples
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- Peel apples and remove cores.
- Slice apples into thin slices and put into lightly greased casserole dish.
- Mix sugar and flour together.
- Cut in butter until you have course crumbs.
- Stir in oats and pour over apples.
- Bake at 350°F for 35 minutes.
Loved this crisp! We made it into a pie actually by just putting into a ready made pie crust because that's what my husband wanted :) I used six smaller apples and I added the juice of half a lemon, about a tsp of cinnamon and 2-3 Tbl of melted butter to them and it was just wonderful! Thank you very much... I'm tempted to make it again tonight because the five of us all but devoured it!
easy and delicious! made it ahead and threw it in while serving dinner so it was hot and ready for dessert! thanks for sharing.